Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculation between 2 tables

I need to calculate % between 2 different tables, their "date" field is different.

it's end up with correct in "total" but wrong in "monthes"

CRM.PNG

Those 2 tables have 2 different date fields (this may coz the issue) and connected by contact ID. 

any1 know how to solve the problem?

15 REPLIES 15
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can add a calculated column to merge these data files, then use the new column to create the relationship.

Calculcate columns:

DateKey=  CONCATENATE([Year],[Month])

Calculate the %SavedPledge:

%SavedPledge= Table1[SavedPledge]/RELATED(Table2[CountCancelled])

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msftmaybe i didn't understand you correctly, i created this calculation field under my "activity" table, but the DAX is invalid. 

CRM.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems like your table not direct contain the year and month fields, you can try to use Concatenate(Year([Datefield]),Month([Datefield])) to instead.

If above still not help, can you share me a sample to test?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft thanks, i've created [DateKey] under Pledge table, but gave me below error message when i trying to relationship it with the "created on" date under Activity table. 

CRM.PNG

how can i share the data with you here? 

Hi @Anonymous,

Try to create a table which contain the unique value, then create the relationship between above table and the new table.

Table = DISTINCT(UNION(VALUES(Table1[DateKey]),VALUES(Table2[DateKey])))

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft still same error.  how can I attach data to you here?  15% is correct, but rest month % is all wrong. 

CRM.PNG

CRM.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft how can i upload the data here?  thanks.  

Hi @Anonymous,

You can upload to 1dv and share us a link.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Can u please share the formula which u used the calculation?

Is this measure or Calculated Column ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

"% Saved Pledge" will be the calulation i would like to create see above picture.  The fomular is "SavedPledge" / "CountCancelled".  For some reason, the calculation isn't correct, you can see above 51/383 is not equal to 49%.  But the Total is correct, 712/4794 is equal to 15%.  

those data are from 2 tables and connected by Contact ID.  see below.  Those 2 date fields are: "Created On" under Activity table and "End Date" under Pledge table. 

CRM.PNG

Can you confirm if I understood relation between your tables correctly:

- Contact Table is related to Activity table on contact id 

- Contact Table is related to pledge table on contact id

To calculate % by month, which date you want to use for month, Created on in Activity table or End Date in Pledge Table?

Also can you confirm if Saved Pledge and Count Cancelled are calculated measure, if yes, can you share their formulas?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"SavedPledge" is a "new Measure" in Activity table

SavedPledge = calculate(counta('Activity - Phone Calls'[Result]),'Activity - Phone Calls'[Result]="Saved Pledge")

"CountCancelled" is a "new measure" in Pledge table

CountCancelled = calculate(counta('Pledge - Rejects and Cancels'[Pledge Status]),'Pledge - Rejects and Cancels'[Pledge Status]="Cancelled")

those 3 tables are connected by "Contact ID"

Activity table

Contacts table

Pledge table

"To calculate % by month, which date you want to use for month, Created on in Activity table or End Date in Pledge Table?" 

actually i tried on both, but all not working. 

As @Baskar mentioned, can you share your formulat for % calculation, even thou you mentioned how it is calculated but it will be good to see the formula.

Thanks,

P

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

% SavedPledge = [SavedPledge]/[CountCancelled]

here is the fomular, thanks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

and it's "New Measure"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.