Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

JSR
Helper I
Helper I

Calculated column based on slicer selection

I know slicers values can't change Calculated columns value, but looking for a workaround for my scenario.

I have a merge table From Person and Objectives.

If the merge table has Objective ID -> Calculated column to Yes

I need now to add a filter to the calculated colum from the selected value of a Sync Slicer

I dont think I have any other laternative but to use a calculated colum, isn' it?

How could add the extra filter I need into the calculated colum?

Thanks

bi.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear guest, @JSR

Try to remove the parathesis'('

Before No and also delete one after alpha from the return statement

Check and let me know

If you decide please accept as a solution and do not forget to give congratulations

Best regards

Sujit

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Sujit_Thakur
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Dear @JSR ,
Please try to explain more , i am sure i can help you in this .
what i understood is you want to use a synced slicer to filter the calculated column .
If you want power BI to recalculate when you change slicer selection then you will have to use calculated measures.
try writting me what do you actually want , I will be happy to help

I expect a kudo by pressing thumbs up button from below and if this post brought you near to your solution please do accept this post as solution
Regards ,

Thakur Sujit

thanks @Sujit_Thakur

see my last reply, I think have detailed well now.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JSR ,The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Sure thanks.

I have this calculated colum: 

Performace Objective Set = if('Merge Performance'[Performance Objectives Id] <> "",  "Yes", "No")

And I need to include another condition based on the selected value of a Slicer, but adding the following in bold doesnt change the value of calculated column.

Performace Objective Set = if('Merge Performance'[Performance Objectives Id] <> "" && SELECTEDVALUE('Performance Objectives'[Year], "2020") = 'Merge Performance'[Performance Objectives Year] ,  "Yes", "No") 

Dear @JSR ,
Please try and let me know 

Performace Objective Set =
                                      var Alpha=Merge Performance'[Performance Objectives Id]
                                      var Beta = 'Merge Performance'[Performance Objectives Year]
                                      Return IF((NOT(ISBLANK(Alpha))  && SELECTEDVALUE('Performance Objectives'[Year], "2020") == Beta ,   "Yes", "No")
I hope it works 
orelse will try again to help , till you reach your solution

I expect a kudo by pressing thumbs up button from below and if this post brought you near to your solution please do accept this post as solution
Regards ,

Thakur Sujit

Thanks again @Sujit_Thakur for your reply

I had to add ) at the end of your sentence

Not sure why I'm getting Operator or expression '( )' is not supported in this context.

bi2.PNG

Dear guest, @JSR

Try to remove the parathesis'('

Before No and also delete one after alpha from the return statement

Check and let me know

If you decide please accept as a solution and do not forget to give congratulations

Best regards

Sujit

Dear @JSR 

Did this helped ???

If yes please accept as solution so that it may help our family

If it brought atleast a bit closer atleast try giving kudos to keep solution providers motivation

Regards

Sujit

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.