Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rhayami
Frequent Visitor

Calculated Measure to show in Column

I am new to Power BI and apologize in advance.  I've done some research and reached out to the consultant; however, it seems it may not be possible.  I had to create a measure for GROSS PROFIT as below, add to the matrix, and turn on the "Show in Row" option because I could not get it to show in a regular matrix as a row.  Then I had to create the same measures for the prior year and the same for variances.  I also realized I couldn't get the current year, prior year, and variances in the same matrix, so I created 3 matrices and put them side by side.  

Is there a better way to accomplish this so I have the current year, prior year, and the variances for the P&L categories in one matrix?  Thanks for your help. 

GROSS PROFIT = SUMX(FILTER(GLAccountEntry,GLAccountEntry[Account Category]="REVENUE"),GLAccountEntry[ADJ Amount])-SUMX(FILTER(GLAccountEntry,GLAccountEntry[Account Category]="COST OF GOODS"),GLAccountEntry[ADJ Amount])

rhayami_0-1633713768034.png

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

if you have show on rows turned on, it will be on rows, not on columns. Looks like I'm not following your question.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@rhayami you should be able to use all 3 measures in the same matrix, just drop the measure on the values section, if you have turned on show on rows, all 3 will show on rows. 

Follow us on LinkedIn

Learn about conditional formatting at Microsoft Reactor

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Yes, they will be in the same matrix, but all stacked in 1 row, which is not the ideal outcome we are looking for.  The current year's figures in 1 colum, prior year's figures in the column next to it, then the variances in the last column. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.