Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Abdel_BCN
Frequent Visitor

Calculated Column removing out repeated values

Hi, 

I hope someone can help me with the following problem:

I have two columns from a calculated table.

Abdel_BCN_0-1677518353665.png

I'd like to have a third calculated column with DAX that only takes one value % Percent from each Code, the expected table is 

Abdel_BCN_1-1677518428683.png

I've tried with creating Index to compare each row with the previouse but I don't actually have a context to create the index with.

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Abdel_BCN 

1.You can handle it in power query.

Put the following code to Advanced Editor in power query

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WijA0VNJRMjbRM7BQVYrVIU7ACChgaGqgZ25AiogxSMTQVM/QgkiRWAA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Code = _t, #"Percent%" = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Code", type text}, {"Percent%", Percentage.Type}}),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Changed Type", {"Code"}, {{"Count", each _, type table [Code=nullable text, #"Percent%"=nullable number]}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Grouped Rows", "Custom", each Table.AddIndexColumn([Count],"Rank",1,1)),
    #"Expanded Custom" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Added Custom", "Custom", {"Code", "Percent%", "Rank"}, {"Code.1", "Percent%", "Rank"}),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Expanded Custom",{"Count"}),
    #"Added Conditional Column" = Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Columns", "Custom", each if [Rank] = 1 then [#"Percent%"] else null),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Conditional Column",{{"Custom", Percentage.Type}, {"Rank", Int64.Type}})
in
    #"Changed Type1"

Output

vxinruzhumsft_0-1677634486616.png

2.You can create a index column in power query

vxinruzhumsft_1-1677634626610.png

Then create a calculated column

Column = var a=COUNTROWS(FILTER('Table (2)',[Code]<>EARLIER('Table (2)'[Code])&&[Index]<=EARLIER('Table (2)'[Index])))
return IF([Index]-a=1,[Percent%])

vxinruzhumsft_2-1677635049499.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xinruzhu-msft ,

thanks for your reply and the effort you made.

the thing is that this table is a calculated table and can't work with it using power query.

not sure if there is away on adding the index column using DAX.

Many thanks,

my best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.