Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate a Variation and Percent Variation by a Date Slicer

Hi Comunity

I need to to create a meassure or a column to calculate the Variation and the Percent Variation between a period delimited by a Date Slicer.

The Table that need to take the data is:

Table[Envios]

-EnvioID bigint

-FechaRecepcion Date

-TipoComprobante Varchar(2)

-NroComprobante Varchar(12)

-Subtotal Decimal

-Seguro Decimal

-Recargo Decimal

-Descuento Decimal

-Anulado Bit

The conditions are: That the Variation and the percent it will be between yesterday and the month above yesterday (i.e: 26/08/2019 - 26/07/2019). 

Things to take note of are: The days that this will evaluate are from Monday to Friday the other days need to be take as Friday (Saturday and Sunday) and the operation will need to be: SUBTOTAL+SEGURO+RECARGO-DESCUENTO.

The filters will be: Anulado = 0, TipoComprobante IN ('CP','RE').

If its negative then it need to be shown as well and the percent too.

I hope someone can help me.

Thank you so much in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi MarianoD,

If possible, could you please inform me more detailed information(such as your sample data and your expecting output)? Then I willl help youy more correctly.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Uhmmm im using a Database to bring the data to here and the database is very long to uploaded it... i can show you what i need to achive because my boss do a "similar" dashboard with Visual Basic and im migrating that to Power BI.

The Expected data that i need to achive is something like that (marked in blue rectangle):

Captura2.JPG

I just investigate and i saw that with a DATEADD function i can compare those data from a month prior or so but i have some error when i try to view the data it says something like the days doesnt match between the calculations (The Error is Error Message: MdxScript(Model) (4, 53) Calculation error in measure: Function 'DATEADD' expects a contiguous selection when the date column is not unique, has gaps or it contains time portion)...

Here i can show you in SQL how i can calculate it with a very complex query (i have help to calculate it too) and how i need to expect to show it in POWER BI

Captura3.JPG

I hope that it can be of some help.

Right Now: I create a new table with a period from 01/01/2000 till 31/12/2050 then that dates are having a relation to my Envios.FechaRecepcion. The DATEADD funcion it works if i use that table but it doesn't work fine (it showns the same data as my other meassure)... here i will put an image of all the things that i use...

First the measure that calculate the Total Sales of a particular day:

Captura6.JPG

Second the meassure that i do to calculate the Total Sales of Last Month:

Captura5.JPG

And Last the Table View that it display what are the data that gives me the 2 meassures:

Captura4.JPG

Here i can shown you all the relations that my report are having so you can figure how are working the report (in the blue rectangle it displays the 2 tables that i need to perform the thing that i want to calculate).

Captura7.JPG

Thank you for your time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.