Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DanteL
Helper I
Helper I

Button to show/hide TOTAL column in Matrix table ?

I have a table that shows data for 3 separate years (2021, 2022, 2023) and another column which shows the grand TOTAL (turned on column subtotal in Matrix). The years are selected by a slicer.

Is there a way to add a button to show/hide the TOTAL column ? which is also synced to the slicer selection. So for e.g. if i select 2021 and 2023 in the slicer, the matrix table should have the option to show/hide the TOTAL column too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adescrit
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You would only need two bookmarks - one to show the matrix containing the totals and one to show the matrix excluding totals.

You would need to configure the bookmarks so they don't impact the year slicer. To do this ensure you have the selections pane and bookmarks pane visible. Select both matrix visuals in the selection pane, and on the settings for your bookmark select "Selected Visuals" and untick "Data".

Adescrit_0-1688032434192.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
My LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Adescrit
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @DanteL 

You could use bookmarks to achieve this. You would create two different version of the matrix visual - one with the totals column visible, and one without. Then create bookmarks that show / hide these two visuals.

My LinkedIn

Yeah but how do you solve the slicer bit ?

I would have to create 9 bookmarks of each combination.

Is there a simpler way ?

Adescrit
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You would only need two bookmarks - one to show the matrix containing the totals and one to show the matrix excluding totals.

You would need to configure the bookmarks so they don't impact the year slicer. To do this ensure you have the selections pane and bookmarks pane visible. Select both matrix visuals in the selection pane, and on the settings for your bookmark select "Selected Visuals" and untick "Data".

Adescrit_0-1688032434192.png

My LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.