Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

KasperFB
Frequent Visitor

Bottom of cells in table is cut of

I inherited a powerBI report which cuts of the bottom of the rows if they contain "too much" text (please see below pictures). I'm unable to reproduce this when I creaqte a new report why I suspect it must be some settings causing this. However I haven't been able to identify the culprit yet. Do you have any suggestions as to what could cause this?

Additional info:

Version: 2.112.603.0 64-bit (december 2022) (this was also an issue in older versions)

Row height is not not locked or restricted and is addapted to the content (at least untill exported to PDF)

Workaround: Until now I have just been increasing the row padding, but that is not ideal.

In PowerBI desktop (complete text visible)

KasperFB_0-1677748505357.png

Exported to PDF (bottom textrow in each table row is cut off)

KasperFB_1-1677748535041.png

2 REPLIES 2
MAwwad
Super User
Super User

It seems that the issue you are facing is related to row height adjustment in Power BI. There are a few settings that you can check to ensure that the rows adjust their height according to the content they contain:

1. Row padding: You have mentioned that you have been using row padding as a workaround. Increasing the row padding can help to accommodate more text in the row, but it might not be the best solution as it can cause the rows to appear too spaced out.

2. Word wrapping: Make sure that the text in the rows is set to wrap automatically. This can be done by selecting the column containing the text, going to the "Modeling" tab, and selecting "Word wrap" under "Properties."

3. Row height settings: Check if the "Allow row resizing" option is enabled in the "Visualizations" pane. This allows the rows to resize dynamically based on the content.

4. Font size: Sometimes, if the font size is too large, it can cause the text to overflow beyond the row height. You can try reducing the font size to see if it resolves the issue.

5. Export settings: Lastly, if the issue persists after checking the above settings, you can try adjusting the export settings. When exporting the report to PDF, check if the "Fit to page width" option is enabled in the export settings. This will adjust the report to fit the width of the page and might help to accommodate the rows properly.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue.

Hi @MAwwad 

Thank you very much for your time and asistance 🙂
I've tried to follow your steps, but must admit as a still novice user, I'm unable to find multiple of the settings you're mentioning.

1. I agree, which is why I would like to identify the root-cause of the issue

2. Not sure I know which modellng tab you're refering to (couldn't find any 'Word wrap' under the 'model' tab to the left or the 'Modelling' tab in the top). Can you please provide detailed route and/or picture? Text Wrap is enabled as seen below:

KasperFB_5-1677752751967.png

KasperFB_4-1677752562936.png

3. I wasn't able to locate the 'Allow row resizing'. The closest was 'Auto-size width' Which isn't really the issue. I tried to disable it without any changes if this is not the correct setting can you please provide a more detailed route?

KasperFB_3-1677751554008.png

4. The fontsize is 8 already, so it's not possible to make it any smaller than it already is. However i tried increazing the size to 20 whic actually made more visible. 

KasperFB_2-1677750469976.png

5. Where do I find my export settings?

KasperFB_6-1677752944560.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.