Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

WorkUsername
Advocate I
Advocate I

Being prompted for credentials each time I open Power BI desktop version 2.117.894 and later

Running a VM with 2 processors and 32 GB of RAM
Windows Server 2016 standard 64-bit
Version 1607

OS Build 14393.5501

Everytime I open Power BI Desktop I'm being promtped to re-enter my login credentials... This appears to have started on 2.117.894 which was found after some testing.
This is incredibly frustrating and annoying as I need to enter my full e-mail/AD password (multiple times) and also authenticate via Ping ID every time I open Power BI desktop. Previous version did not have this issue and functioned as expected caching the credentials, allowing me to open a new Power BI desktop window without needing to re-authenticate every time.

I have installed previous version of Power BI but am unable to open and .pbix file I edited in a more recent version... the following list is the versions tested to document when the issues started to occur:

2.115.663 - not re-prompted to login each time, user image shows up, pbix files do not load

2.116.622 - not re-promptedto login each time, user image shows up, pbix files do not load

2.116.996 - not re-prompted to login each time, user image shows up, pbix files do not load

2.117.894 and after - re-prompted for login each time, user image does not show up, pbix files load

The "user image" is simply my avatar that is set on office365 for my user account within my company

2 REPLIES 2
DivingJoen
Regular Visitor

Same issue here with multiple login requests, also on WinServer 2016. Support ticket has been logged and waiting for a fix. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@WorkUsername , Please log and issue or support ticket. Make sure no windows updates are pending

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.