Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Average Line using Line and Stacked Column Chart & Trellis chart option in Power BI

Hi, 

I am working on Sportfire to Power BI migration project where I could see bit challenges interms of average lines/trellis chart option in Power BI, which Sportfire/Tableau could do those.

Is it possible to use Average line from analytics tab for Line & Stacked columns chart?

I could see analytics is enabled only for clustered column & clustered bar chart so far. (for bar chart related).

I have a requrement to show average line for Line & Stacked column chart. Is there a chance that this feature is going

to be enabled in next releases?

please respond to me with appropriate workaround or Update for next release.

Regards

Harsha Vardhan

6 REPLIES 6
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Please look at my workaround.

Add two measures in the line field, 

change the stroke width for "total" measure to 0 under Shapes.

11.png12.png

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tried that before but the value in the average is repeating at every data point as 3.9. I want it to be one time as Average: 3.9. I have used 2 cards and mentioned average and value but that's static when the real average changes card position won't change.

Regards

Harsha

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I'm not aware if this will be coming with one of the next updates of Power BI Desktop.

A workaround could be to create a measure that calculates the avarage of the stacked segments, then this measure can be used for the line chart.

Regards,

Tom 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have created average for the stacked segment and used in Line values which shows avg value in every data point repitetively and in secondary axis I had turned show values off. The average line is pops up but with not proper label.

At the same time I should show totals on Stacked bar, for this again i should use same measure in line values and made stroke width under Shapes as 0. This is causing hiding avg line but labels are repeating.

@Trellis chart: Any chart in Power BI satisfies Trellis chart requirements?

Hey,

the custom visual "Infographic Designer" support some kind of trellis charts.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

Thanks for the sugession.

I tried using Infographic designer chart,I don't see Stacked bar option using Infographics chart and labels on bars.

Is there any workaround to show Stacked bar using infographics and show labels as well?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.