Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rbrechet
Helper I
Helper I

Automatic Update

Hello hello,

Another silly question ..... Man Sad

Iam currently using PBI withing my business and doing manual daily update => open desktop pbi file then "refresh" then "publish".

Of course Iam willing to go for an automatic update but here is the problem .... I just cant use/understand this automatic process/datagate: I did install datagateway and so one, seems for last step I am stopped.....

Can anyone help me ? Please 🙂

Of course I can give much more info/answer question ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @rbrechet,

Based on your error message, it seems like the error is related to your credentials.

Please create the correspond datasource on power bi service.(if you use files build report, please create file as datasource, power bi not support drill and analysis the detail contents from parent folder)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @rbrechet,

>>Of course Iam willing to go for an automatic update but here is the problem .... I just cant use/understand this automatic process/datagate: I did install datagateway and so one, seems for last step I am stopped.....

AFAK, the last steps is sign in your account, what' wrong with your steps? Can you share some detail contents?

Reference link:

Getting started with Power BI gateways

BTW, current gateway not support AD account, you can  migrate you data to Azure AD and try again.

How to sync on-premises Active Directory to Azure Active Directory with Azure AD Connect?

Office 365 and Dirsync: Why should you have at least one Exchange Server on-premises

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Many thanks,

Problem is about adding data source:

Iam trying to connect to folder where excel - data source - file are but doesnt work ....

Capture.JPG

HI @rbrechet,

Based on your error message, it seems like the error is related to your credentials.

Please create the correspond datasource on power bi service.(if you use files build report, please create file as datasource, power bi not support drill and analysis the detail contents from parent folder)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Many Thanks @v-shex-msft.

I will work on this, hoping it will works.

Best wishes,

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.