Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JPettit
Frequent Visitor

Assistance creating a cumulative total graph

Hi all, first time posting sorry if its not quite right

I need some help with recreating a graph within power Bi, the old version created in PowerPoint had a display of cumulative total counting up while the input goes down. This is where the issue comes in, I can work out how to count a running total but not in the way that was previously done. Is this possible within power bi and if so can anyone help?

I have included a copy below with data names removed.

help.PNG

blue = numbers

red = cumulative total

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@JPettit ,

"I can work out how to count a running total but not in the way that was previously done"

<-- If my understanding is correct, your requirement is to achieve the "revert" cummulative total, right? If so, you can just change the cummulative direction from right to left of the X-axis and then use expression like pattern below:

result =
VAR Revert_Running_Total = ...
RETURN
SUM(Table[Value]) - Revert_Running_Total

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@JPettit ,

"I can work out how to count a running total but not in the way that was previously done"

<-- If my understanding is correct, your requirement is to achieve the "revert" cummulative total, right? If so, you can just change the cummulative direction from right to left of the X-axis and then use expression like pattern below:

result =
VAR Revert_Running_Total = ...
RETURN
SUM(Table[Value]) - Revert_Running_Total

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.