Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

corange
Post Patron
Post Patron

Ascending order - Chart

Hi everyone,

I am stuck on something.  I have a chart representing the tenure of our employees over the years. I have used a formula to obtain the result. The formula I used is : EMPLOYMENT LENGTH = IF(Drivers[Concatenate Length]= "0 MONTHS", "MONTHS", IF(Drivers[Concatenate Length] <> "0 MONTHS", Drivers[Concatenate Length]))

I dont understand why my chart is not in ascending order. As you can see 6 years is before 4 years etc. I don't know how to fix this. Could you please haave a look and let me know if I am missing something? I have used the sorting option of the chart without any success.

Thanks in advance.

Tenure Error.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @corange ,

I figure that you're referring to the lengend order, isn't it?  please kindly check the option :

7.PNG

Alternatively, here's another workaround for your reference: 

https://www.seerinteractive.com/blog/reorder-powerbi-legend/

Best regards,

Dina Ye

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi Dina,

Yes, I am talking about the legend. I have tried the sorting option of the chart without any success. It will only sort the legend randomly.

@corange can you share sample pbix file, remove any sensitive information before sharing. I would like to look at it. You can share by one drive/google drive or send me directly by email. My email is in my signature.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@corange what is cocatenate length? Are you using Employment Lenght  in chart? I just made small change to your formula, you don't need 2nd condition

EMPLOYMENT LENGTH = IF(Drivers[Concatenate Length]= "0 MONTHS", "MONTHS",  Drivers[Concatenate Length])

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi,

Apologies for the lack of precision. I have created concatenate length to obtain the value of the employee tenure. The formula is as follows:

Concatenate Length = CONCATENATE(CONCATENATE(Drivers[Length #]," "), Drivers[Length])

Length = IF(Drivers[Length #]<=0, "MONTHS", IF(Drivers[Length #]=1, "YEAR", IF(Drivers[Length #]>1, "YEARS") ))

Length # = DATEDIFF(Drivers[StartDate],Drivers[Finish Duplicate],YEAR)

I am talking about the order of the legend. It is not in the rigth order. I have got other reports and there are all over the place. I have tried using the sorting function of my chart without success. Employment lenght is used in a charge.

Thank you.

Hi @corange ,

Please kindly check the blog below which could prabably solve it out: 

https://www.seerinteractive.com/blog/reorder-powerbi-legend/ 

Best regards,

Dina Ye

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.