Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ArcGIS Maps failed to locate three portuguese municipalities

Hi,

I have some dashboards with ArcGIS Maps showing all the portuguese municipalities (boundary representation). Until this week every municipality was appearing correctly on ArcGIS Maps, but now (probably after some update) three of them are not located. I renamed the municipalities multiple times in order to match ESRI database, but I'm still not being successful. 

The three municipalities are: "Monção", "Mação" and "Sátão". Do you know where can I find the correct naming for them? Any tips on how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-joesh-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

This post is similar to your situation: ArcGIS Maps failed to locate features (dutch municipalities)

Actually this is a general issue that ArcGIS faced, but currently, I haven't found any effective solutions to help accurately locate.

I'd like to suggest you input more detail place information or direct use longitude/latitude to locate region.(e.g local information include 'place, region, country' with data category 'place')

Here are tips to improve the underlying dataset, I hope to be helpful:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-map-tips-and-tricks

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-joesh-msft . I tried to add latitude and longitude to locate region, but when I do this the boundary map option is not available anymore. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.