Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Appended Queries are Showing null Values

I have 18 spreadsheets that all have the same common column "Sold To Name"

I have appended all the spreadsheets together based off the same column name being on all 18 spreadsheets. It says they are all appended. The new columns are added to the primary spreadsheet, but the all the values are saying null. When I go to filter a column, all the column items are there.

Am I doing something wrong?

PowerBI (2).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try the following steps to do troubleshooting:

1. check whether the columns of the two tables you are appending queries with have the same headers,exactly same headers.Otherwise,it will appear null value in the column which doesnt exist in previous table such as below:

141.png

2.Check if the null value did exist in previous table.

3.If above cant solve your problem,could you pls show me your sample data,I will test for you.

Best Regards,

Kelly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try the following steps to do troubleshooting:

1. check whether the columns of the two tables you are appending queries with have the same headers,exactly same headers.Otherwise,it will appear null value in the column which doesnt exist in previous table such as below:

141.png

2.Check if the null value did exist in previous table.

3.If above cant solve your problem,could you pls show me your sample data,I will test for you.

Best Regards,

Kelly

ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Have you scrolled to the right? 
If there are spelling differences in the headers, these values would appear in different columns (which would appear right to the columns of the first table)

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

I doubt that the spreadsheet has empty rows. Can you check each sheet for blanks in powerbi , by filtering for blank or null?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.