Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

monicatanasescu
Frequent Visitor

Analysis Services Measure not working in Power BI

Hi all, 

I am working on a power BI report using Analysis Services as my data source ( Jet OLAP cubes).

One of my measures is giving me an error in Power BI but works perfectly in Excel!

#ERROR! The Axis function was indirectly referenced from the context of a statement other than SELECT. Evaluation of expressions involving this function succeed only when indirectly triggered by a SELECT statement.

The measure is calculating % of column total and I am using it in a Matrix, the same way I am using it in a pivot table in Excel, where it works!!

Does anyone have any ideas how to make this work?

Thanks a lot

Monica

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @monicatanasescu ,

Based on the error message,  it seems that your measure contains MDX function Axis function .

As power bi is only supported for DAX, so the measure with MDX will not work in power bi. You'd better create the measure with Dax in SSAS.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @monicatanasescu ,

Based on the error message,  it seems that your measure contains MDX function Axis function .

As power bi is only supported for DAX, so the measure with MDX will not work in power bi. You'd better create the measure with Dax in SSAS.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, what you do if the source is an OLAP cube and not tabular

Makes sense! Thanks a lot

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.