Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

eddEdwards
Frequent Visitor

Amount becomes the beginning

Hi, I am stuck and need help in solving the problem....How can I make the amount to start at the beginng?bals.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @eddEdwards ,

Assuming that beginning is the cumulative amount of all transactions before the current date and you're using a separate dates table. Formula should be something like:

=
CALCULATE (
    [Net],
    FILTER ( ALL ( DatesTable ), DatesTable[Date] < MAX ( DatesTable[Date] ) )
)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.

Hi, Thanks for your quick reply..Yes BalBeginning is the Total amount of transactions which should start at the next quarter and the Continues...I am using the same date table...I Try to use your Dax but I get..ACircular dependency was detected

CALCULATE (
    [Net],
    FILTER ( ALL ( DatesTable ), DatesTable[Date] < MAX ( DatesTable[Date] ) )

please post a screenshot of the error

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.

I have managed to use your formular which is a light to my tunnel..but I get in different result..my main aim is to add the bal  to the contrubution then the trnsactionffff.PNG continues on and on...Find the attached link on your email for assistance..thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.