Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Align Y-axis across multiple charts

Hey.

The yellow column should, ideally, be equally high as the bright-red part of the 2016 column....

2 misaligned charts

I was wondering if there was a way to align Y-axis across multiple charts automatically so that they are "comparable" ?

I have numerous measures which I can slice through so I can't just simply put a value on "Start" or "End" in the graph format options...

One way to do this would be the ability to put a measure on the "Start" and "End" fields of the graph but that's not possible (as it is anyway)

If anyone has a solution to this then please share ? 

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Current power bi not support this feature, perhaps you can try to manually setting the y-axis at format tab or post this requirement to ideas.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for taking your time to look at this @v-shex-msft

However, manually entering a value for Y-axis is NOT a solution for me.

Ideally the field "START" & "END" in the chart format pane should have the option to accept measures where I can put a roof on the MAX value based on the measures I'm looking at.

For example, revenue numbers tend to be much greater than cost if IT. So the roof (or END value of Y-Axis) should be based on the highest value of selected measures in use. The MAX Y would be different between revenue and cost of IT In other words the "END" value for revenue could be 10000000 whereas the "END" value for cost of IT would dynamically change to 100000 and all aligned charts would have the same END value.

I think this is do-able in either of Qlik or Tableau or both ?

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, I think it is doable, you can post your requirement to ideas to help us improve the visual.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.