Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

smindia
Regular Visitor

Aggregate Values are displayed on Y Axis instead of an Actual Value in Line Chart

My data has one value per x-axis value and I wanted to show an "Actual Value" and NOT the SUM, MAX, MIN etc aggregation.

I have attached sample.pbix file here to explain my issue in detail..

1) Table1 has one y-axis value per x-axis value

2) Table2 has multiple y-axis value per x-axis value

3) Table3 has multiple y-axis value per x-axis value but categorised by single column and 

4) Table4 has multiple y-axis value per x-axis value but categorised by multiple columns

2-1.jpg

and here are my charts respectively

2-2.jpg

I am NOT able to use ACTUAL value in any scenario. I am being forced to use SUM, AVG instead of actual value.

sample.pbix is saved on https://file.io/VgwyYRf9MCbK

Please advise.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
dikshabahal
Frequent Visitor

Hi Did you get any solution ? I am also facing same issue. For me on x axis its date and I have to show multiple values on a particular date on line chart.

galaamri
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @smindia 

I see where your confusion is. In your data you have multiple prices for the same date, so when Power bi maps the date, it will have more than one value to choose from. As a result, BI will aggregate the prices. 

Please have a look at Table 1 and Chart 1..

In Table 1, there are no multiple values against same date.. Each row has unique date and price but still there's forceful aggregation.

In fact, it actually sums the values but since they are only one value against each date, it appears like the actual. 
Best suggestion:

try to add unique value for each price  row like index so you can see the actual prices or change the type of visual. 
hope this helps 

Dont Summarize, Type Change, Indexing nothing works when it comes to Line Charts.. Aggregation is being forced

galaamri
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @smindia 

I see it is still aggregated "sum of price" there is "^" so you should see don't summarize. If not 

then change price to text type. 
hope this helps 

1) Where's that "^"? Can you please point it out in the screenshot? Are you taking about a dropdown?

2-4.jpg

2) I tried and changed the price to text type, but still seeing same issue. Please see below screenshot

2-5.jpg

smindia
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your reply @galaamri 

Price was already set to "don't summarize", Pls see screenshot below

2-3.jpg

galaamri
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @smindia 

You should have an option says "don't summarize". This will return the actual values. 

when you drag the field then Click "^" and you check don't summarize

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors