Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

barryHD
Frequent Visitor

Advanced Filtering - show options when there are at least 5 or more

Good day,

I'm trying to set up a filter that will only show those options (ie. allowing filtering on) that have a count of at least 5.  I think there used to be a "is greater than" option in the Advanced Filtering dropdown, but I don't see it in there.  Has that been removed or is there another way of doing it now?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @barryHD ,

Create a measure to count the rows for each selection in the slicer and add this measure to visual level filter to filter selections with the count greater than 5.

Then disable the interaction between slicer and scatter plot.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@barryHD ,

You need to add a measure or number column for that.  And for the  measure the option is only at the visual level.

what you are trying ?

So I'm trying to hide any selection in the slicer that has less than 5 rows in the dataset, but still show all the data points on the scatter plot.

Hi @barryHD ,

Create a measure to count the rows for each selection in the slicer and add this measure to visual level filter to filter selections with the count greater than 5.

Then disable the interaction between slicer and scatter plot.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.