Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding searchable tags to a report page or visual

Hi!

Working on increasing the usage of my organizations reports I was thinking in the ways of "what questions can our reports answer?". This answer may be simple to answer to the ones who created the reports or to domain experts, but if you are not familier with them it could be overwhelming if there are a lot of reports. My organization is mainly using live connection with SSAS which disables the usage of the Q&A on the dataset which would absolutely be useful.

But, I was thinking of some functionallity such as being able to adding your own text labels to visuals / pages / reports which would be part of a result set in a search bar in such as an app or workspace.

Does this kind of or similar functionality exist? If not I would think this would be usefull for others as well!

Best regards

Arefoss

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do use bookmarks as navigators and as filters a bunch, but my challenge is to help non regular users and new users find what ever subject that might be covered in one of many reports. Dashboards do help somewhat, but can become too specific and require more to create.

I feel like beeing able to search for text strings would be really helpfull. It could be its own section under the General options on visuals or pages, but this is just me doing some wishful thinking.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Take a look at Use bookmarks to share insights and give feedback via Ideas to help improve Power BI.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Has there been any functionality added for this in the last 3 years? Our organization has maybe 50-60 reports, and for new users it can be very difficult to know where they can go for the info they need. We try to organize it as much as possible. And I don't see how using bookmarks could help a user find which of 50 reports are relevant to them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.