Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Javi_Pérez_C

Add a number of days to a date in a new column

Hi all,

How I can calculate in a new column an Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) addinga number of days from other column with a date. I saw that one solution is to create a new table with the number of days to add, but I'm not understanding how to create the relationship.

I appreciate your support!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Javi_Pérez_C

DATEADD() function requires the result date exists in the same column. I suggest you directly add days on date. It can be done via either DAX or Power Query approach. 

11.PNG

22.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Javi_Pérez_C

DATEADD() function requires the result date exists in the same column. I suggest you directly add days on date. It can be done via either DAX or Power Query approach. 

11.PNG

22.PNG

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I have this kind og scenario but I need to exclude weekends in the calculation.

This solved my problem with the mismatch of days between SharePoint list and PowerBI query.

Thanks!

Thank you

Thanksss!!!

I saved me into another problem

Facing same issue but im having noOfDays column in another table then how should i add it to a date in different table ,Here ur using 1 which is constant what if i wanna take this days dynamically from another table???? Plz helpp Thanx in advance

I am have the same problem. Any response?

Did you get a solution to this by any chance

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Tough to help without more information, but I think you are looking for DATEADD:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee634905.aspx

Please see:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.