Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add Quarterly target to KPI chart

Hi,

I need to get a KPI chart with Quartely target with start and end value.I have attached an image to show what i exactly need.I have start and end value in my target table.

Mishelle_0-1610003502062.png

Can someone help me to get this chart like this? Actual line also there.Target line should continouly show quartely with start and end value.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , On the same line if you want to have the value you need to have value both on start and end date.

That need how is you data available.

One way I can think off is join qtr start date and end date with date table. One join will inactive.

Now create a formula 

Sum(Target[value]) + calculate(Sum(Target[value]), userelationship(Date[Date], Target[qtr end date])) //Assumed inactive is end date.

How get these start and end date. You can check my calendar blog or video or target

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Creating-Financial-Calendar-Decoding-Date-and-Calendar-1-5-Power/ba-p/1187441

First few min of this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPQ9UV37LOU

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak 

I have already connect target and date table via date key.I want to make a measure to show start value and end value in same line quartely.Thats my requirement.

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you both have start value and end value, I would recommend to use line chart to show the trend more directly, a KPI chart would not show the date axis.

chart.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Anonymous , Sample data would help

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.