Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ivoaimaretti

Active relation between three different tables related between each other

Hi all! 

I have a problem that I can't solve in any manner. I have three tables that I need to be linked between each other, in order to be represented in the correct way.
The first table named "Aree" contain data with days, the second one called "Anagrafica aree magazzini" contain data with some basic monthly caracteristics referred to the previous one, to be compared with data in the first table. I created a table "Date", in order to represent data from both the previous tables at the same time. To do so, I linked both the tables with the date one with an active relation. I would need another active relation between "Aree" and "Anagrafica aree magazzini", since I would need to filter some characteristics, but it cannot be done. I tried some functions like userelationship, filter or keepfilters to linked the two tables, but the result is very strange. Data from the "Anagrafica aree magazzini" are represented just when the date is set on year, but not in other levels, even if the date in that table is in the correct format. 

What can I do to fix it? Thank you in advance!

Immagine 2023-09-14 172147.pngImmagine 2023-09-14 172312.pngImmagine 2023-09-14 172343.png

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You generally do not want to join fact tables together.  Rather control them via their common dimensions (as you do).

Please provide sample data (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot). Leave out anything not related to the issue.
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.