Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sveina
Frequent Visitor

A measure that OFFSET a value in a measure

Hi,

Is it possible to create a measure, that is an offset of a previous measure? 

I am trying to just move the same result one row down in my matrice. And I want it to be dynamic, so when slicers is applied it will still work. See picture below.

Any suggestions @amitchandak ...?
Thanks in advance 🙂
Offset in a measure.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sveina , Try like, Magin %  by Net , trail by 1 . For more details check file attached and video link below

Margin Behind by net = if([Net Rank Brand]<>1,  CALCULATE([Margin %], WINDOW([Net Rank Brand]-1,ABS,[Net Rank Brand]-1,ABS,SUMMARIZE(ALLSELECTED('Item'[Brand]), 'Item'[Brand], "_net",[Net]),ORDERBY([_net],DESC))) , BLANK())

You will not get GT in this case 

Rank is

Net Rank Brand = rankx(ALLSELECTED('Item'[Brand]),[Net],,DESC,Dense)

amitchandak_0-1674660781344.png

I modified the approch used in this video

Power BI Window function- Pareto Analysis, 80% of sales, Order by on Measure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVxiLc_AzSs

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sveina , Try like, Magin %  by Net , trail by 1 . For more details check file attached and video link below

Margin Behind by net = if([Net Rank Brand]<>1,  CALCULATE([Margin %], WINDOW([Net Rank Brand]-1,ABS,[Net Rank Brand]-1,ABS,SUMMARIZE(ALLSELECTED('Item'[Brand]), 'Item'[Brand], "_net",[Net]),ORDERBY([_net],DESC))) , BLANK())

You will not get GT in this case 

Rank is

Net Rank Brand = rankx(ALLSELECTED('Item'[Brand]),[Net],,DESC,Dense)

amitchandak_0-1674660781344.png

I modified the approch used in this video

Power BI Window function- Pareto Analysis, 80% of sales, Order by on Measure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVxiLc_AzSs

Hi @amitchandak 

Thanks a lot for your help. Appreciate it a lot.

This actually works fine after I downloaded a newer version of PowerBI. I had a litte problem since your measure of Margin % was different from mine. I used a cumulatice % and that didnt work.

But what I did was to use your formula to offset the income variable, or "Net" in your example, one row down. So i just changed your forumula a bit, like this:

Offset Indeks = if([Net Rank Brand]<>1,  CALCULATE([Cumulative Income], WINDOW([Net Rank Brand]-1,ABS,[Net Rank Brand]-1,ABS,SUMMARIZE(ALLSELECTED('Item'[Brand]), 'Item'[Brand], "_net",[Net]),ORDERBY([_net],ASC))) , BLANK())

I called this measure "Offset Index", and it corresponds directly to "Margin behind by net" in your table. I just changed "Margin %" to "Cumulative income".

And then i computed a new variable "Tidligere CDF", where I use the offset function like this

Tidligere CDF = ([Offset index]/CALCULATE(SUM(DATA[Net]),ALLSELECTED()))
And magically I have a new measure that show cumulative percentage

Reply to working offset.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.