Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Roinka
Helper I
Helper I

A Date slicer is behaving strange

Hi,

I have something which is very strange.

I have a drop down slicer which filters based over Month.

There are several visuals on the page.

Once the slicer is at "All" item, all is fine, if i change it to a certain month, i get an error in some of the visuals (such as a grid and more). The error is saying that there is a syntax error with one of the measures the visual is using as the dateadd function gets an error date dimension.

However after playing with the slicer, like changing it back to all and then back to one of the month, it gets fine, error disappears and visual shows the monthly filtered results.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Another qu. regarding one of the visuals which is a graph I would like to be unaffected by the slicer. How do i do that (actually i have 2 slciers and i want both of them not to affect the graph)?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Roinka 

Any updates? 

If you've fixed the issue by your own please kindly share your solution here. if the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly. 

Thanks a lot!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

For 1st issue, can you share the calculation for which the graph does not behave properly? MaybScreenshot 2019-08-24 10.59.36.pnge a date conversion issue. 

For the second one use Edit Interactions under the format tab. Select your graph/slicer and choose that option.

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Roinka 

For the first question, do you have some sample data or preferably a sample pbix file. 

For the second question, you can edit the interaction: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

02.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.