Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kb262
Helper I
Helper I

2 different dates of different table

In my powerbi report I am showing Client Register count which is coming from client_journey table and for this I am using created_at date column from client_journey table, in this table I have maximum dates till current date, similarly I am showing the count of meetings from task table and for this I am using start date of task table and in this start date column there are dates for future days as well, I have sync these dates (created_at and start date) and when I select any future date it gives me 0 or blank data, however i have data in task table.

Suggest the solution please.

11 REPLIES 11
PowerBigginer
Helper II
Helper II

Create a calendar dimention table and give relationship from calendar table to your table

To create calendar table using DAX follow below link

https://powertipstricks.blogspot.com/2024/01/create-calendar-table-in-power-bi-using.html

To create calendar table using power query follow below link

https://powertipstricks.blogspot.com/2024/01/create-calendar-table-with-power-query.html

If it helps Mark as a solution!
Thanks & Regards

Thanks for this solution, but I already had tried this not working for me. It is also giving me 0 against data.

Can you please provide sample data and your dax calculation 

kb262_0-1710157812941.png
I am using created_at date from this and count of these ids so, for selected data I must have 4 counts which works fine when I select 3/11/2024 date. 
(Note: In this table my data increase with the current date, so there's no future date data like data for tommorrow on for this week etc )
But, with this I have to show meeting count from task table and I am using this start date from task table, in my powerbi report I have synced these both date filters;

kb262_1-1710157941531.png

as you can see against user id 1, I have this data but the start date is different, Now when I select any future date, it in result gives me 0 for meeting count.

And, when I create calendar table, I am unable to active relation between bith these tables in 1 time.

I created calendar table using power query method for me it is working in below screenshot I have selected future date range

PowerBigginer_0-1710159504695.png

kb262_0-1710220762772.png

This my schema, when I create relation between these, I have to inactive relation between task and client_journey however, this is an important relation. 

and in result it is giving me 0/blank.

kb262_1-1710220872324.png

why are you giving cross filter direction Both for global date to client journey ? and it should be 1 to many relation try this way 

it's still not working.

kb262_0-1710228470011.pngkb262_1-1710228479688.png

Hi @kb262 ,

Could you please provide some raw data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples? It would be helpful to find out the solution. You can refer the following link to share the required info:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

And It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-yiruan-msft ,

Any updates?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.