Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RémyA
Frequent Visitor

External user problem with Dataflow, moving data in a Lakehouse to another Lakehouse

I'am currently tring to move data from a Lakehouse to another wiht a Dataflow Gen 2. 
When I choose the lakesouce as source I have this error:

RmyA_0-1712296121923.png

With a Internal user I dont have any trouble. 

Thanks for helping. 

5 REPLIES 5
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RémyA 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

As I understand that you are facing an issue when you are choosing Lakehouse as a source while moving data from one Lakehouse to another Lakehouse using Dataflow Gen2. 

And, you have mentioned that for internal user you don't have any issue but for external user you are facing the issue.

This status 'failed with status code 404' indicates that the downstream service couldn't locate the requested resource when the external user attempted to access it.

This could be due to the permissions issues: External users might lack the necessary permissions to access Lakehouse resources within your organization's Fabric environment. Verify that the external user's has been granted the appropriate roles for Lakehouse data access this might help you.

If the issue still persists, please do let us know. Glad to help.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks.

Hi @RémyA 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks.

Hi @v-cboorla-msft

I have reviewed all permissions and the user who created the two lakehouses is the same one attempting to create the Dataflow. My hypothesis is that at some point, when we utilize an external user, this user might lose their connection with the Tenant and possibly go back to the default main tenant of the external user’s domain. This is because I’ve noticed that in Power BI desktop, the connection tends to drop after a while, requiring me to log in again and select the organization I wish to access externally.

For info: The external is admin of the workspaces.

Hi @RémyA 

Apologize for the delay in response from my end.

Please reach out to our support team to gain deeper insights and explore potential solutions. It's highly recommended that you reach out to our support team. Their expertise will be invaluable in suggesting the most appropriate approach.

Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Thank you.

Hi @RémyA 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you've had a chance to submit a support ticket. If you have, a reference to the ticket number would be greatly appreciated. This will allow us to track the progress of your request and ensure you receive the most efficient support possible.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors