Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Jonan

Dataflows Gen2 not connecting to lakehouse

Hello everyone,

Since this morning the dataflows gen2 are no longer connecting to the lakehouses. Notebooks, datasets and the UI can still connect to the lakehouse. I can write and read data from it using those methods.

However, existing and new dataflows gen2 are getting a timeout after 30 seconds of trying to connect.

"Microsoft SQL: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)"

Neither the SQL endpoint, or the Lakehouse itself works. I can see them in the workspace through dataflows gen2, but cannot connect to any of them (Not the normal Lakehouse or the "hidden" DataflowsStagingLakehouse).

Does anyone have a solution for this? Currenly it breaks my workflows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, it was this error for us. We changed the gateway and it should have an open port 1433:

On-premises data gateway considerations for data destinations in Dataflow Gen2 - Microsoft Fabric | ...

Otherwise the gateway cannot send data to the datalakehouse. Another option is described in the article, by daisy chaining a gen1 dataflow to a gen2 dataflow.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
richardrann
Frequent Visitor

Hi Jonan,

Did it used to work before yesterday?

We're seeing issues in the same sort of area, and are trying to trace through our networks.

Is your SQL instance in Azure or on-prem?

Interesting to see if it was a change in the solution, or we are all seeing the same problem that could be resolved with config.

Cheers

Richard

Hi, it was this error for us. We changed the gateway and it should have an open port 1433:

On-premises data gateway considerations for data destinations in Dataflow Gen2 - Microsoft Fabric | ...

Otherwise the gateway cannot send data to the datalakehouse. Another option is described in the article, by daisy chaining a gen1 dataflow to a gen2 dataflow.

Hi @Jonan 

Glad that your query got resolved.

Please continue using Fabric Community for any help regarding your queries.

v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jonan 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Apologies for the inconvenience that you are facing here.

I found an article where a thorough list of troubleshooting methods that can be used to connect to the SQL server are mentioned.

This might help in resolving your issue.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Jonan

I did, but i did not get an answer within the 4 hour time period. Are there any costs associated with putting a ticket into there?

miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi

Please go ahead and reach out to our support team by creating a support ticket. An engineer will be able to perform an investigation to determine what might be happening with your specific tenant and the connections to the Lakehouse with Dataflows.

Link to support: https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

JulyFBCVideo

Fabric Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors