Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scott_Powell
Advocate III
Advocate III

Dataflow Gen2 writing to Warehouse - how to change schema?

Hi, I'm writing a Gen2 dataflow to load some data into a Fabric Warehouse. When I create the "destination", the dialogs don't seem to have a place to enter what schema I want the tables created in - it defaults to dbo and I don't see a way to change that. Is it possible to write to schemas other than dbo - and if so how do I specify the proper schema?

Thanks!

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Scott, 

You are correct, currently we only support dbo schema. It is in our current plan to add support for specifying a different schema by Q12024.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
frithjof_v
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

BiJoe
Helper II
Helper II

@v-gchenna-msft is it safe to ALTER SCHEMA in Fabric? For transferring tables to a different schema than DBO after loading it to Warehouse

Hi Scott, 

You are correct, currently we only support dbo schema. It is in our current plan to add support for specifying a different schema by Q12024.

Hi @miquelladeboer , haven't seen any updates on this and didn't hear anything at the Fabric conference - any idea how far away supporting schemas in Warehouses is?

Thanks!

Scott

Hi @Scott_Powell, we currently do not have an exact timeline to share, but it is in our plans to support in the future.

Thank you for confirming @miquelladeboer !

Scott

Hi @Scott_Powell ,

It was great to know that you were able to get to a resolution . We expect you to keep using this forum and also motivate others to do that same . You can always help other community members by answering to their queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

March 2024 FBC Gallery Image

Fabric Monthly Update - March 2024

Check out the March 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.