Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Element115
Power Participant
Power Participant

104100 Couldn't refresh the entity because of an internal error

Steps:

0__log into Fabric, trial licence.

1__create a test workspace.

2__create a DataFlow Gen2 and connect it to an on-prem DB via a Power BI data gateway: no issues.

3__select the destination, either the automatically provisioned Warehouse or Lakehouse, the result is the same in the end.

4__Publish.

5__First pass completes ok.  But then the refresh that starts right after just fails with this error:  

104100 Couldn't refresh the entity because of an internal error

Even weirder, after trying multiple times the steps above, sometimes a table with the data would be created in the lakehouse (never happened for the warehouse) and the data would be there, just not the source column names, which were all replaced by Column1, Column2, etc....  

It makes no sense!  Anybody has any ideas why is this happening?

DF_error_Screenshot 2024-01-13 030039.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
StephB
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here.

I followed the step as you, with the same result, except that I didn't have resulting file in the Lakehouse/DataWarehouse.

Hi @Element115 
Apologies for the issue you have been facing.

This might require a deeper investigation from our engineering team and they can guide you better.

Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support
Please provide the ticket number here as we can keep an eye on it.

Hope this is helpful. Please let me know incase of further queries.

Hi @Element115 
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you got a chance to create a support ticket. If yes please share the details here.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks

Yes, @v-nikhilan-msft , I did create a support ticket. Now we wait.  😊

Hi @Element115 
Thanks for creating a suport ticket. Can you please provide the support ticket number?
This will help us for internal tracking.
Thanks.

Ah yes sorry, got distracted.  Here it is:  2401190040000098.

The team also is looking into the following error:  Dynamic datasources are not supported.  This occurs with a DFg2 that uses 2 lakehouse tables as a datasource and a total of 20 queries, where 16 queries are references and all depend initially on the 2 source queries, and 2 parameters queries, and one Vertipaq query to get an interface to man pages.  In any case, this DFg2 is a replication of a DFg1 created in the Power Query Desktop editor, which created the model for a Power BI Desktop report that was published to the Power BI Service and has been refreshing daily for more than a year now without issues.  So why it can't be published once the queries are replicated inside a DFg2 is not understandable, especially considering that I took the on-prem DB out of the loop, having persisted all necessary source data to a lakehouse.

frithjof_v
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

What if you use another Lakehouse as destination? (Not the automatically provisioned one)

I tried. Same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.