Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

JavierGonz
Regular Visitor

Conector a Business Central en dos áreas de trabajo de Fabric usan las misma conexión

Hola comunidad

Os presento el caso que se me ha presentado por si me podéis ayudar

Tengo dos áreas de trabajo eb Fabric. En cada una de estas áreas de trabajo tengo un flujo de datos dataflow GEN 2 que se conectan a un origen de datos Business Central SaaS de Microsoft mediante el conector de Business Central. Cada flujo de datos de conecta con una cuenta de usuario distinta. El problema que tengo es que no puedo actualizar automáticamente los flujos de datos. Esto es porque solo puedo tener una conexión en la nube a Business Central en mie entorno de Fabric, no encuentro la manera de tener conexiones distintas en cada área de trabajo. Por lo que si pongo en la conexión unas credenciales de acceso a Business Central, el otro flujo de datos falla. ¿Tienen una solución a este problema, de forma que pueda tener conexión a origen de datos Business Central distintas para cada área de trabajo o que cada una pueda tener credenciales de acceso distintas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JavierGonz
Regular Visitor

Hi everyone
The solution that worked:
1. Use web connector instead of Business Central connector
2. Register the app in Azure Microsoft Entra ID
3. Grant Business Central permissions in the app
4. Use a service principal in the web connector passing the tenantID, clientID and the secret key of the app

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JavierGonz
Regular Visitor

Hi everyone
The solution that worked:
1. Use web connector instead of Business Central connector
2. Register the app in Azure Microsoft Entra ID
3. Grant Business Central permissions in the app
4. Use a service principal in the web connector passing the tenantID, clientID and the secret key of the app

v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JavierGonz ,

Currently only one cloud connection to Business Central is allowed per environment in Fabric Data Factory. So I think you can take the following steps to try to resolve your current issue:

1. Instead of using the same dataflow for both work areas, create separate dataflows for each workspace. This way, each dataflow can have its own connection settings and credentials.

2. If possible, use service principal authentication instead of user credentials. This allows you to create separate service principals for each workspace, each with its own set of credentials. You can look at this document: Data source management - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

vyilongmsft_0-1727314046589.png

vyilongmsft_1-1727314077135.png

3. I think you can also use Power Automate to schedule and manage the refresh of your dataflows. You can create separate flows for each workspace, each using different credentials.

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yilong-msft 

Thanh you for the reply.

The data flows are different and are separated each in a work area. 
Creating a service principal is not a solution, since the connector only supports organizational accounts.

JavierGonz_0-1727361116718.png

Creating a Power Automate data flow to schedule the update does not solve the problem of different access credentials for each workflow. There is no way to use two different connectors, each with its own access credentials.

The problem is that I am trying to access different Business Central tenants, so I need to be able to access with two different credentials. I can access the data, but when performing the scheduled update of the data flow only the last one in which the credentials were passed is updated, the other one also uses the same credentials and fails.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept Fabric Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

October NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - October 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.