Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

arkiboys
Advocate II
Advocate II

dataflow

Hello,

In azure ADF, previously I created a dataflow which reads a .csv sitting in the raw container of a storage account and then does a bit of transformations and then saves the data as delta parquet files into the curated container.

Now I would like to do something similar but in fabric. 

What is the way to do this in fabric? I ask because I see in the lakehouse an option to store Files. So I tried it out. In Files I uploaded the .csv

perhaps in fabric dataflow I can read the .csv file and do transformation or maybe in Files folder I convert the .csv file to table?...

Any guidance please?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello again @arkiboys ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
Fabric doesn't directly support dataflows like Azure Data Factory (ADF) for data transformations.
In Fabric we have Data Flow Gen 2 inorder to do complex transformations from UI.

Docs to refer - Create your first Microsoft Fabric dataflow - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

You can also also use Notebooks with pyspark to do these tranformations.

If you are looking to load csv file to table (without any transformations), you can simply upload the file and can use the option - Load to Tables in Lakehouse.

Hope this is helpful. Do let me know incase of further queries.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello again @arkiboys ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
Fabric doesn't directly support dataflows like Azure Data Factory (ADF) for data transformations.
In Fabric we have Data Flow Gen 2 inorder to do complex transformations from UI.

Docs to refer - Create your first Microsoft Fabric dataflow - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

You can also also use Notebooks with pyspark to do these tranformations.

If you are looking to load csv file to table (without any transformations), you can simply upload the file and can use the option - Load to Tables in Lakehouse.

Hope this is helpful. Do let me know incase of further queries.

Hi @arkiboys ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Thanks

Hi @arkiboys ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.