Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

KomalPawar
Frequent Visitor

How to write data into fabric lakehouse from Databricks notebook

When trying to access one lake Microsoft fabric (lakehouse) from databricks notebook to read data froom adls and write into fabric lakehouse getting this error: path has invalid authority error while reading and writing files to lakehouse
abfss://onelake.dfs.fabric.microsoft.com/path(actual path of file from lakehouse i am giving) has invalid authority.

I have followed steps from : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/onelake/onelake-azure-databricks

created cluster and enable Azure Data Lake Storage (ADLS) credential passthrough on your cluster in the Advanced Options, but i have databricks premium account for different microsoft account and fabric workspace on different microsoft account.

Is it because of that? do i need to create fabric and databricks account for  same Microsoft ID, if i wanted to use different account then what is the way to do that? please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KomalPawar 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

You're correct that having your Databricks workspace and Fabric workspace on different Azure Active Directory (AAD) tenants can cause the "invalid authority" error you're encountering.

While Microsoft Fabric offers seamless integration with Azure Databricks within the same tenant, there are currently limitations when working across different tenants. This means you cannot directly access an ADLS Gen2 storage account managed by a separate AAD tenant from your Databricks workspace, even with a premium account.

If you’re using different Microsoft accounts for Databricks and the fabric workspace, you might need to set up a service principal with the necessary permissions on the ADLS resource and configure Databricks to use this service principal for authentication.

For more details please refer to the following documents.

Link1 : Connect to Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 and Blob Storage.

Link2. Access Azure Data Lake Storage using Microsoft Entra ID (formerly Azure Active Directory) credential...

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KomalPawar 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

You're correct that having your Databricks workspace and Fabric workspace on different Azure Active Directory (AAD) tenants can cause the "invalid authority" error you're encountering.

While Microsoft Fabric offers seamless integration with Azure Databricks within the same tenant, there are currently limitations when working across different tenants. This means you cannot directly access an ADLS Gen2 storage account managed by a separate AAD tenant from your Databricks workspace, even with a premium account.

If you’re using different Microsoft accounts for Databricks and the fabric workspace, you might need to set up a service principal with the necessary permissions on the ADLS resource and configure Databricks to use this service principal for authentication.

For more details please refer to the following documents.

Link1 : Connect to Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 and Blob Storage.

Link2. Access Azure Data Lake Storage using Microsoft Entra ID (formerly Azure Active Directory) credential...

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

Hi @KomalPawar 

Glad that your query got resolved.

Please continue using Fabric Community for any help regarding your queries.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors