Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ebjim
Helper IV
Helper IV

File server connector creds

I installed an on-prem gateway on my laptop and it is running under a service account that was created when the gateway was installed. I create a new pipeline and choose the File Server connector with the intent of pulling in some files from a folder on my C drive. I choose the gateway on my laptop but which Windows account am I supposed to use? I tried several to no avail. Thanks in advance.

ebjim_0-1712967886801.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ebjim 
You can use the Windows credentials since you are doing personal mode. Obviously we wouldn't recommend using a personal gateway and some organizations would not allow this. This requires that your machine where the gateway is running needs to be up and running for this connection to work. 
For more information please refer to this link:
Use a personal gateway in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further issues.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ebjim 

Thanks for using Fabric Community.

At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this. We will update you once we hear back from them.
Thanks 

Hi @ebjim 
You can use the Windows credentials since you are doing personal mode. Obviously we wouldn't recommend using a personal gateway and some organizations would not allow this. This requires that your machine where the gateway is running needs to be up and running for this connection to work. 
For more information please refer to this link:
Use a personal gateway in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further issues.

It is possible that my laptop has been set up in such a way that my domain account doesn't the level of rights required.

Hi @ebjim 
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors