Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cristinaojer
Frequent Visitor

Endless pipeline execution when trying to load data from SQL Server to Lakehouse

I'm facing some issues when trying to get data from SQL Server database into Fabric Lakehouse. I'm using an on-premises data gateway updated up to it’s latest version.

• We’ve tried to get this data through a Copy Activity. When running the pipeline, the process starts but never ends. We made a trial just o ingest 4 rows from the source table but the execution of the pipeline still never ends. Source data is read since we could preview it through ‘preview data’ button when configuring the activity. It seems the problem is when loading data into the lakehouse.
  • We’ve tried to get this data also through a Dataflow Gen2. In this case, we could query the source table and transform the data, but when trying to add a destination for the data, an unkwon error is reportedcristinaojer_0-1713802829566.png

Is this a common error? How could we troubleshoot it?

3 REPLIES 3
re84uk
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue, never ending data pipelines when attempting to ingest from on-prem SQL Server to Lakehouse using on-prem gateway.

With Dataflows Gen2, have you opened up outbound connectivity on port 1433 as per the documentation?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/data-factory/gateway-considerations-output-destinations

Hi @cristinaojer 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Could you please upgrade your on-prem gateway to the latest version (Since we have 2 versions released in the month of April) and try to run the pipeline.

For latest version : On-premises data gateway

If the issue still persists, please do let us know we will try to help.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Hi @cristinaojer 

This is a duplicate thread of the similar one available at the link : Duplicate Thread
Hence I am closing this thread.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.