Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

mcrreddyt
Microsoft Employee
Microsoft Employee

Views created from Dataverse File shortcuts in Microsoft Fabric Lakehouse are not visible.

I have created Views using Dataverse file shortcut in the Fabric Lakehouse.  

I am able to see the Dataverse file shortcuts created by me in the Fabric Workspace Lakehouse UI. I can see columns and data when i query from the notebook Spark SQL abfs path.  I created the Views from Dataverse File shortcuts abfs paths using the below queries in the notebook Spark SQL. I can see the data when i query the Views, see the count but not able to see the views created in the Fabric Workspace Lakehouse UI.  Please let us know how to see the created Views in Fabric Workspace Lakehouse UI. 

NOTE : I can see the created Views from Dataverse Table shortcuts in Fabric Workspace Lakehouse UI and do not have any issues. 

select * from delta.`abfss-path/Files/Sales`
limit 5

CREATE VIEW VwSales

AS

SELECT crdd7_solution, crdd7_workload FROM delta.`abfss-path/Files/Sales`

GO

SELECT crdd7_solution, crdd7_workload FROM delta.`abfss-path/Files/Sales`

select count(*) from VwSales

Thanks,

Manjunath

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi   @mcrreddyt 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Microsoft Fabric Workspace Lakehouse UI currently doesn't display user-created views directly. While you can see the underlying Dataverse file shortcuts and query them using Spark SQL in notebooks, the views themselves won't be listed in the UI.

Dataverse File Shortcuts: These act as references to the actual data stored in Azure Data Lake Storage (ADLS). You can see these shortcuts in the Fabric Workspace Lakehouse UI.

User-Created Views: These are virtual tables defined using SQL queries on the Dataverse file shortcuts. While these views function within notebooks, they aren't reflected as separate entities in the UI.

Please Refer this link:Solved: Lakehouse End User Usage - Microsoft Fabric Community

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you have any further queries.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Hi @mcrreddyt 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi   @mcrreddyt 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Microsoft Fabric Workspace Lakehouse UI currently doesn't display user-created views directly. While you can see the underlying Dataverse file shortcuts and query them using Spark SQL in notebooks, the views themselves won't be listed in the UI.

Dataverse File Shortcuts: These act as references to the actual data stored in Azure Data Lake Storage (ADLS). You can see these shortcuts in the Fabric Workspace Lakehouse UI.

User-Created Views: These are virtual tables defined using SQL queries on the Dataverse file shortcuts. While these views function within notebooks, they aren't reflected as separate entities in the UI.

Please Refer this link:Solved: Lakehouse End User Usage - Microsoft Fabric Community

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you have any further queries.

Thank you.

Hello Thanks for the update on my issue/query. 

The article posted as reference is not related to the issue i raised -Solved: Lakehouse End User Usage - Microsoft Fabric Community

Hi @mcrreddyt 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept Fabric Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

September Hackathon Carousel

Microsoft Fabric & AI Learning Hackathon

Learn from experts, get hands-on experience, and win awesome prizes.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.