Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

michaelbeer

measure filter for pivot table

Hi, 

I'm getting crazy, can't find a solution for my problem so far: 

I'm using the Power BI build-in "text-search" visual to search for a certain Project-ID inside my table of projects. 

The table is grouped by project-cluster-IDs which have several project-IDs assigned. (It's a 1:n cardinality)

The result of the search I would like to show with two different visuals: 

1) a table, which shows the selected row of the Project-ID (filtered by the "text-search"-visual) -> works fine

2) a matrix (pivot), which shows the project-cluster-ID with all project-IDs rows related (linked to the selected project-ID). 

So I have to "store" somehow the global selection of the project-cluster-ID and then check every line of
my table if it is equal to the selected value of project-cluster-ID. I know there must be something with outer and inner context.    
The measure filter I wanted to assign to my table as a "measure" filter, to filter the "1" and "0" which fit to the global selected project cluster-ID.

My ideas:
[Assign selected Cluster ID] = ??? (SELECTEDVALUE('my_table[Project Cluster ID])

Measure filter =
Var __Selected_Cluster_ID = [Assign selected Cluster ID]
Return
IF(
MAX('my_table'[Project Cluster ID]) == __Selected_Cluster_ID,
)

1 REPLY 1
PaulPalma
Frequent Visitor

@michaelbeer 

Not knowing your data model, here is an idea:

- Create a Measure Table for the desired Pivot and add a relationship on ClusterIDs.

- If this is an isolated case you might get away with bi-directional relationship for a cluster to projects relationship.

- if you don't have a cluster dim table you can have a single direction relationship between the Projects and MeasureTable-Pivot.

PaulPalma_0-1609440812193.png

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.