Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Reply
Carlo1975
Helper I
Helper I

line graph from calculated table

Hi, I try to explain my problem.

I have a matrix table, where the value are calculated in a new measure.

This measure is an amount, but I transform the value in percentage (on the row total). The result is that at the end of each row I will have always 100%.

Below is the link to make you understand how the measure is calculated.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Matrix-table-with-sum/m-p/1521299#M29660 

 

Cattura.JPG

 

The focus is that for ech of my cluster (secured, unsecured) I can choice "shows the value as a percentage of the row total". So, at the end of the row I have 100%

 

If I want to trasform this matrix table in a Line Graph, because I would like to show the trend of the lines, up to 100%. This shows how long it takes for each of the clusters to make sales (when both clusters reach 100%). But in this case I don't have ""shows the value as a percentage of the row total" but only "shows the value as a percentage of the total". 

 

So, I can only show the value as a percentage of the grand total and not the percentage of the row total.

The line chart will therefore not tend to 100% for each cluster.

 

Cattura.JPG

 

The trend of each cluster is based on the total. So one cluster will reach 85% and the other 15%. Instead both, as mentioned, should reach 100%

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Carlo1975 

Create a new measure based on the one you have. Should be something like:

New Measure =
DIVIDE (
    [CurrentMeasure],
    CALCULATE ( [CurrentMeasure], ALL ( Table1[Quarter_Contabile_Number] ) )
)

 

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Carlo1975 

Create a new measure based on the one you have. Should be something like:

New Measure =
DIVIDE (
    [CurrentMeasure],
    CALCULATE ( [CurrentMeasure], ALL ( Table1[Quarter_Contabile_Number] ) )
)

 

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors