Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

THENNA_41
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

how to apply two and conditions in power bi

i have two  two date measure one for previous value and another for Next value 

Measure 1 : 

Measure = EOMONTH([Date],-3)

Measure 2 :
Measure Next = EOMONTH([Date],+5)

showing value previous and next  month

Up time = CALCULATE(
DIVIDE([calc op per day],[calc op per day manne]),
FILTER('PA - E2PR',
AND('PA - E2PR'[Effective Date] < [Date],'PA - E2PR'[Effective Date] >= Measuress[Measure])))

how to use measure 2 in uptime . i am trying to getting Error . i want to use two measure in uptime measure . any idea thanks in advance 
1 REPLY 1
daxer-almighty
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@THENNA_41 

I think it would be reasonable to show what the error is, don't you think? On top of that, why are you calling a measure 'Measure'? Does this convey any meaning in your model? By the way, is it at all possible to call a measure 'Measure' and get away with it? On another note, why are you filtering a full table in CALCULATE? Do you know that it's Bad Practice and will slow the formula down? Even worse, there are contexts in which this formula will return incorrect figures. No, it's not a joke. I've seen this happen. If you need to filter, you should always filter by the smallest number of columns that will do the job. This is one of the golden rules of DAX programming... Also, are you aware that if you put a measure in the boolean expression under FILTER, context transition will be applied to the measure? Measures, incidentally, should never be preceded with the name of the table they reside in. Columns, on the other hand, should always be. Another rule in DAX.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.