Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SWAST
Frequent Visitor

complex DAX query

Hello 

I have a data set containing year, week number, Number of incidents treated and Number of incidents total. There are two years 2018 & 2019.  Treated incidents is a subset of total incidents.  

A  I am wanting to calculate as a measure the % of treated sum(number treated)/ Sum(number of incident) by week number and year

B:  I then want to create a measure: the mean % of measure A  by year

C In addition using confidence.norm DAX expression I want to identify the confidence intervals for measure B 

Where I am struggling to do all this and want help with from you is to calculate the mean (B) of A. I don't seem able to do this as it does not want me to use a measure I have already created. In Area I am grouping by week and year but in B I am removing all groupings of week and only grouping by year.  Is this actually possible in Power BI?

Any help would be very gratefully received

Juliet

1 REPLY 1
SWAST
Frequent Visitor

To make this clearer for anyone to understand.  I am wanting to aggregate an aggregate measure. In tableau this is possible using windows_avg. Does anyone know if this is possible in power BI?    Can anyone help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors