Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

backlog pivot

Hello All,

I have a pivot table, i need to add the backlog in the calculation:

example:

Mcarotenuto89_0-1599574731870.png

The first value before October-2019 need to be  6134 after that i add and decrease the other data.

How can i do it? thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous - I'm not at all clear on this. Can you post that as sample data in text in a table. And when you say add and decrease other data, what data? Can you show expected output from this data?

Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm sorry i'll try to explain better, with your formula:

TEST=6314 + CALCULATE([ENTRATE],filter('Date Table','Date Table'[Date] <=maxx('Date Table','Date Table'[Date]))) -CALCULATE([CHIUSE],filter('Date Table','Date Table'[Date] <=maxx('Date Table','Date Table'[Date])))

I have the rsult below. the wrong point is because the TEST of november for example need to be (6314+9690+8806-9614-8806)=6464 not 6388 

i need for all the month to add the incoming units since the first day to the max filter date (es.dic-19 =ott-19+nov-19+dic-19) and decrease the outcoming units ((es.dic-19 =ott-19+nov-19+dic-19))

now the formula sum 6314 to only the incoming of the month. i hope now is more cleat my question. thank you very much.

Mcarotenuto89_0-1599657459591.png

@Anonymous , can you give me table format with the output column. I will create a pbix and try

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello the table in use is:

SEGNALAZIONI:

Mcarotenuto89_0-1599722999963.png

Mcarotenuto89_1-1599723035515.png

Second table:

Mcarotenuto89_2-1599723104482.png

the join between the 2 table is 'Data Table'[date] --> 'Segnalazioni'[Data_apertura]

The measure in use for the Pivot are:

'Data Table'[Month-Year] 

ENTRATE = CALCULATE([Conteggio di Segnalizioni], MONTH(Segnalazioni[data_apertura]), YEAR(Segnalazioni[data_apertura]))
CHIUSE = CALCULATE([Conteggio di Segnalizioni], MONTH(Segnalazioni[data_chiusura]), YEAR(Segnalazioni[data_chiusura]))

RESULT:NEED TO BE backlog=6314 + SUM OF ENTRATE SINCE THE MONTH F THE ROW OF THE PIVOT -SUM OF CHIUSE SINCE THE MONTH F THE ROW OF THE PIVOT As done in the table in the previous month.

the KPI need to calculate the stock of units x month.

now with your formula i have the sum only 6314+ entate month of row - chiuse month of row 

unfortunatelly the connection is dinamic so i can not share with you the pbix or the table.

i hope is more clear. thank you Massimiliano 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Try like

Cumm Stock = 6314 + CALCULATE(SUM(Sum[ENTRATE]),filter(date,date[date] <=maxx(date,date[date]))) -CALCULATE(SUM(Sum[CHIUSE]),filter(date,date[date] <=maxx(date,date[date])))44

Cumm Stock = 6314 + CALCULATE(SUM(Sum[ENTRATE]),filter(date,date[date] <maxx(date,date[date]))) -CALCULATE(SUM(Sum[CHIUSE]),filter(date,date[date] <maxx(date,date[date])))

If case you do not have the date , create a date from the month

https://youtu.be/cJqgphIHXz8

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors