Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

gheisenberg

Visualising a measure when using a calculated column is not possible

Hi All,

I really need your help.

In order to illustrate my problem I use the following sample data set:

HERE you will find the data set as well as the .pbix file I am using:

https://th-koeln.sciebo.de/s/swVzGZ4cXsOTT3k 

gheisenberg_0-1702661493061.png

My objective: I calculated the zscore of the 'value1' col by means of a measure. I used a measure since I need to recompute the zscore every time I am slicing the data, so e.g. if I select a certain 'industry' or 'sector' slice my list changes accordingly, hence I need to re-compute the zscore for this resulting slice of data (since there remain less data points in my distribution). I also do a binning of the zscore as you can see in the last column. Everything works perfectly fine.

My problem: HOWEVER, I am not able to visualize the counts of the zscore over the respective bins. I understand that a measure is not meant to get visualized on an x-axis of a bar chart for instance. And I also understand that I am supposed to use a calculated column. But since this one would be static and not recalculate the zscore every time I slice my data in the table I am somewhat stuck and don't know how to solve this. 

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly, but please try something like the attached pbix file whether it suits your requirement.

Jihwan_Kim_0-1702731282385.png

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly, but please try something like the attached pbix file whether it suits your requirement.

Jihwan_Kim_0-1702731282385.png

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Thank you very much for your great help. It seems to be exactly what I need. I am not sure that I fully understand how you sloved it. Would it be ok if you explain your solution in a few words? 

expected result measure: = 
COUNTROWS (
    FILTER (
        ADDCOLUMNS (
            SUMMARIZE (
                'values',
                'values'[name],
                'values'[industry],
                'values'[sector],
                'values'[value1]
            ),
            "@zscore", [zscore val1]
        ),
        [@zscore] >= MAX ( Bins_V2[Min] )
            && [@zscore] < MAX ( Bins_V2[Max] )
    )
)

Thank you very much again. Gernot

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

I tried to create Bin_V2 table like below, and used Bin_V2[Range] column in the visualization.

Jihwan_Kim_0-1702790407662.png

Jihwan_Kim_1-1702790635349.png

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.