Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Mjolnir
Frequent Visitor

Visual calculation - Subtract one value column with another

Hi,

I would like a column in the matrix below to display the difference between the red and blue marked value columns. 

I want to subtract "Budget" with "Utfall" but it seems like visual calculations does not support this, though not sure if there is a way. I guess it has to do with the fact that both scenarios "Budget/Utfall" derive from the same value column "Belopp".

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Mjolnir_0-1711450079674.png

Mjolnir_1-1711450485861.png

4 REPLIES 4
some_bih
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mjolnir for visual calculation, all input columns for your calculation should be add to your visual.

For part  I can't find any function adding columns to the visual 

Put columns which are your inputs columns in visual, then go to Home, select visual and in part "Calculation" name "New calculation" should be visible (beside New measure and Quick measure) 

then go to this "New calculation" and in your window you will get 

Calculation = 
and type your columns with calculation logic (you can rename calculation)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you guys!

I solved the issue creating new measures and added those to the column field and it did the job. Hope to see an easier way of doing this looking forward. I miss a lot of the simplicity found in excel in some cases.

some_bih
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mjolnir just put new columns, beside yours two, and provide calculation logic.

check link for example

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

@some_bih I am totaly new to Power BI, therefor - wondering if you mean adding new columns to the visual or the table and data used to generate the visual? I can't find any function adding columns to the visual. Did'nt manage to solve the issue using your example.

Both "Budget" and "Utfall" are recorded under the attribute "Scenario" and their values presented by another column "Belopp".

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors