Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LuizUK

Value of latest update for each measure when last update was in a different month

Hello Community,

What DAX function would you recommend to get the value corresponding to latest update of a list of KPIs where some of these KPIs are measured on monthly? Some are monthly, others quarterly and so on.

Note that the latest date in Last Update column is different for each metric.

I can't use a formula where the Metric is defined as a string (i.e. "A") because the metrics have long descriptions (some with more than 20 words) and my dataset has hundreds of different metrics.

LuizUK_0-1674574878771.png

The only solution I found so far is "slice" the data set in multiple smaller tables and it is getting impossible manage everything.

I appreciate any suggestion or ideas.

KR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @LuizUK 

Create the following filter measure, place it in the filter pane of the table visual and select 'is not blank' then apply the filter 

FilterMeasure =
COUNTROWS (

FILTER (

'Table',

'Table'[Last Update] = CALCULATE ( MAX ( 'Table'[Last Update] ), ALLEXCEPT ( 'Table', 'Table'[Metric] ) )

)

)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LuizUK

Hey @tamerj1  thank you so much for your response. It worked brilliantly

Any guesses on how I can use the results of this table in a card? Naturally, after I filter to have just one metric?

@LuizUK 
Not sure what are you trying to display in that card but you can place a measure like

Sum of MAX Values =
SUMX (
    FILTER (
        'Table',
        'Table'[Last Update]
            = CALCULATE (
                MAX ( 'Table'[Last Update] ),
                ALLEXCEPT ( 'Table', 'Table'[Metric] )
            )
    ),
    'Table'[Value]
)

Actually in this case you don't need to have the filter measure, just use this measure to filter the table visual and it should work.

tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @LuizUK 

Create the following filter measure, place it in the filter pane of the table visual and select 'is not blank' then apply the filter 

FilterMeasure =
COUNTROWS (

FILTER (

'Table',

'Table'[Last Update] = CALCULATE ( MAX ( 'Table'[Last Update] ), ALLEXCEPT ( 'Table', 'Table'[Metric] ) )

)

)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.