Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ngoldovsky
Frequent Visitor

Using Slicers To Let Users Toggle Between Count and Percentage Measures In 1 Chart + 1 Table

I'm not sure if I'm just used to desigining things in a different way, but it appears to me that PowerBI is rather limited in giving report developers the ability to leverage single charts that could display a dynamic selection of segments and metrics. 

Most of the solutions I found to toggle between measures in a viz indicate the need to set up a separate metrics table and then utilize a SWITCH function to switch between the measures you want. 

e.g. https://www.fourmoo.com/2017/11/21/power-bi-using-a-slicer-to-show-different-measures/

However, in my example, I have two count measures and one percentage measure. 

When my SWITCH measure is like this, the "repair rate" measure is formatted as an integer and appears as a 1 or 0 in my table. 

Repair Metric Select = SWITCH(TRUE(),
VALUES('Repair Metrics'[Metric])="Installs With Repair",Query1[Installs With Repair],
VALUES('Repair Metrics'[Metric])="Installs W Multiple Repairs",Query1[Installs With Multiple Repair],
VALUES('Repair Metrics'[Metric])="Repair Rate",Query1[Repair Rate],
BLANK())

Like so:

However, when I format it like this:

Repair Metric Select = SWITCH(TRUE(),
VALUES('Repair Metrics'[Metric])="Installs With Repair",Query1[Installs With Repair],
VALUES('Repair Metrics'[Metric])="Installs W Multiple Repairs",Query1[Installs With Multiple Repair],
VALUES('Repair Metrics'[Metric])="Repair Rate",FORMAT(Query1[Repair Rate],"0.0%"),
BLANK())

My table values show up correctly but my line chart will appear blank. 

notworkingnotworking

Is there no way for me to populate a table and a line chart with a selection of multi-formatted metrics?

1 REPLY 1
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

you can do that with multiple overlaying charts (some not visible) and bookmarks, see here
https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors