Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jaakkow
Frequent Visitor

Using PATH in the same table for multiple and unknown amount of hierarchies

Hi,
in a report I´m buiding I have multiple alternate hierarchies that I need to switch between. I have now created multiple tables that each have the parent, child and hierarchy name columns. I have used this DAX Patterns to guide me.
https://www.daxpatterns.com/parent-child-hierarchies/

I have then used UNION to combine all of these into one big table and I´m using SWITCH and slicer on the report which measure and hierarchy I want to show. It seems to work perfectly.

However, I need to prepare for additional hierarchies. My first obstacle is to create a DAX formula that would create the PATH for each of the hierarchies present in the table, there may be unknown number of hierarchies.

jaakkow_0-1672935150046.png

Is there a way to do this with just a single added column?

EDIT: I know I´m might hit other obstacles as well and I need to modify my existing solution a lot but I´d like to get the PATH part sorted for now 🙂

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide the sample data in usable format.

When you create the PATH calculated column you can apply a table filter on the [Hierarchy]  column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors