Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Calouro
Frequent Visitor

Total value from parameter formula

Hi, I want to use one of my parameters result in a new calculation, but instead, I am always getting the formula and not the value itself. Does anyone know how to select only the result and not the formula? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @Calouro 

Essentially, Parameter is just a formula that returns a value.

so you could nest it into measure expression not just add it in the end of formula

For example:

Measure = SUMX('Table',[Qty]+[Parameter Value])
Measure 2 = SUMX('Table',[Qty]) +[Parameter Value]

Result:

4.JPG

If not your case, please share a simple sample pbix file and your expected output.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, lin,

thank you for your answer, it is valid and got the point. The parameter can be used or not depending on the purpose.

I believe I have not explained myself correctly the first time. When I said parameter I should have said measure.

So, I have a measure that has a DIVIDE formula inside and I want to use the result it gets in another formula and not the formula itself. Is this possible?

Example below:

Measure1 = DIVIDE(('table1'[companyx OPEX] - [measure2]) ; SUM('table1'[cost1])) <=> Measure1 = 50

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors