Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

emveha
Resolver III
Resolver III

Top 30 compared to revenue ALL customers in percentage

hi 

have a list with 100 customers and their Net sales, 100 customers generate 100K euro on Net sales.

Now the business wants to have a top 35 customers based on the Net sales and they want to have the percentage of the revenue of these Top35 compared to the total Revenue (in %).

Example

Customer 1-100 generate 100K euro Net rev.

Customer 1-35 generate 50K euro Net rev. which is 50% 

what is the best solution to create this output

thanks!

M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all, you CANNOT just grab an address like file:///C:/Users/mvheur/OneDrive%20-%20Dorel%20Industries/XXX and paste... THIS WILL NEVER WORK ON THE INTERNET. You have to go to your OneDrive and generate a sharable link.

Second, here's the documentation for TOPN: https://dax.guide/topn/

Best

Darek

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the data model?

Please create a screenshot of your data model as it exists in Power BI and paste. Then we can look at this.

Thanks.

Best

Darek

C:\Users\mvheur\OneDrive - Dorel Industries\XXX

hi, Darek,

the thing i want is in the xls file which can be retrieved through the link att. 

In my model i have only 1 fact table which looks similar to this xls file, i know i can create a calculation in the edit query part but it is not what i want. I also know that there is a TOPN function in combination with calculate but am not sure how this works.

hope you can help out.

thnx

Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all, you CANNOT just grab an address like file:///C:/Users/mvheur/OneDrive%20-%20Dorel%20Industries/XXX and paste... THIS WILL NEVER WORK ON THE INTERNET. You have to go to your OneDrive and generate a sharable link.

Second, here's the documentation for TOPN: https://dax.guide/topn/

Best

Darek

hi Darek,

thanks for the tip, was indeed not smart to add a link like this.... anyway, in the meantime i managed to solve the issue, found a solution on the web and after modifying and testing it works well. 

Thanks for assisting!

rgds

M

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors