Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Praj
Helper I
Helper I

To show Blank in card visual until a value in filter is selected

Hey Everyone,

I have created a card visual which shows the details such as contract start date, Upcoming activities, Last Activity etc as shown below.

Praj_0-1685975810205.png

I have two filters, 1st filter to select company and second filter to select the members in the comapny. Whenever our user selects the 1st filter(i,e just the comapny) all the above cards should be blank or invisible. If the user selects the 2nd filter(i,e the member ) then the card visual need to show the details of that specific member.  Currently, If the user selects any comapny from the 1st filter, the cards will show the details of the 1st member of the company based on the alphabetical order

Is there any way how I can achieve this. ? Any solution/approach is highly appreciated. 

Cheer,

Praj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BITomS
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Praj ,

I think this can be done with new measures for each card visual:

Measure = IF( ISFILTERED('1st filter') && ISFILTERED('2nd filter') , [original measure you want to show] , blank() )

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Praj
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @BITomS ,

Thanks for your response. I did try this before, but I am trying to show the values from the calculated columns in the card visuals and not from the measure 😞 

Is there anything stopping you creating a measure for each card visual?

Thanks for your response @BITomS , The values which I am showing in the card visuals are string type and cominmg directly from the raw data columns. I am bit new to Power BI, am not sure on how to create a measure for string type columns. Is that possible ?

Cheers,

PRaj

Hey, @BITomS , I think I figured a way from your approach. seems like it works. Thanks for that!

Cheers,

Praj

BITomS
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Praj ,

I think this can be done with new measures for each card visual:

Measure = IF( ISFILTERED('1st filter') && ISFILTERED('2nd filter') , [original measure you want to show] , blank() )

Hope that helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors