Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Diddeous

Tablename Variable

Hi

I have a number spreadsheets one generated from our CRM and the others from Planner. The CRM spreadsheet has a column called ID. Each of the Planner spreadsheets are named after an ID value. Im adding these as datasources. Ive created a new table, the first column pulls in the ID's from the crm table. I would to create a command which runs through ID value and references the table with the ID value then counts the number of rows that have a value of 'not started' in that table.

Where do i start?

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Diddeous , Not very clear. Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

In case you have set ids in one table(Table1 - with unique Id) and set of id in another table(Table2) and you want to find if  table2  has all ids or not.

Join Table 1 to Table 2 in 1- M

and create a measure like if( count(Table2[ID])+0 =0, 1, blank())

Plot this with IDs of Table 1

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Diddeous I believe you are going to want to add the ID as a column to each table in Power Query and then Append them all together in Power Query. Then you can just filter on this column.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors